After the vaccine came out to help fight COVID-19, a question has arisen, should we continue to wear a face mask? the answer is YES. Health experts such as Dr. Preeti Malani, chief health officer at the University of Michigan, says that “masks and social distancing will need to continue into the foreseeable future — until we have some level of herd immunity; masks and distancing are here to stay.”
Malani and other health experts explain 5 reasons why we need to keep using our face mask:
1. No vaccine is 100% effective
2. Vaccines do not provide immediate protection
3. Covid vaccines may not prevent you from spreading the virus
4. Face masks protect people with compromised immune systems
5. Face masks protect against any strain of coronavirus, the original and new mutations
Click here to read more about these 5 reasons, which will help you understand why it is so important to continue using face masks.